Here’s a powerful three minutes showing where the denial of “the nature of things” has got us.
This further illustrates the deep infiltration of the philosophical position of ‘swing vote’ Justice Kennedy, which we recently blogged about: "the constitution … allows...the right to define one’s own concept of existence".
This malaise in “young personalities” was predicted by Edward Holloway in a talk given in 1973 , republished in last January’s FAITH magazine:
The heart of the crisis is a crisis of the intellect … The modern scientific civilisation … must be crowned by the head of God Incarnate, or [else it will be crowned by] the head of Man, who is his own god.
… we are called “to forge a new synthesis of Catholicism, of Catholic philosophy, … and the proven wisdom of the modern age. … [we would propose] a unifying philosophy of growth and development embracing all created being in the one economy of this universe … such an outlook or ethos is all-pervasive of modern life, and it underpins the conscious and the subconscious personality of the young. We can show that this process of creation manifests the existence of God Transcendent …
The fact that we have failed to show this to the young would seem to be suggested by the above video.
January - February 2018 2018
Recent Blog Posts
- Blog: 08.01.18“Peace is the harmony of good order. Good order is the membering of man in ready acceptance and honest love.” (Edward Holloway, Catholicism: A New Synthesis, 1)As we begin 2018, the sense of tension in the international order is strong. There are fears of nuclear war given the problem...Read More
- Blog: 30.12.17Fr Chris Findlay-Wilson made the below defence of priestly celibacy in the Catholic Herald (15th Dec., letters):"a fresh witness of true love is desperately needed; that it is love – not sex – that fulfils us as human beings." This is a point often made by Fr Holloway, ...Read More
- Blog: 24.11.17Last Saturday was the 100th anniversary of Agnes Holloway giving birth to Edward.He was born just as Lenin’s revolution began. This was the beginning of changing the poor, Christian country of Russia into the powerful Marxist one. It was predicted by Our Lady of Fatima over the previous six...Read More
- Blog: 13.11.17The Harvey Weinstein affair has unleashed a can of worms. There has been a series of exposures concerning sexual offences or inappropriate sexual behaviour of MPs, celebrities and others. There is no doubt that sexual harassment, carried out mostly by men, deserves condemnation and certainly ther...Read More
- Blog: 08.08.17We are all aware of the horror of the terrorist attacks in recent years and of the senseless attack outside the mosque in Finsbury Park, London. It is inspiring how brave those who work in the emergency services are and how strong the community support has been in all these cases. As Christians, ...Read More
- Blog: 12.01.17