Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org (which will be moderated) or twitter to @faithmovuk
It is always worth keeping in mind that it is the little ones who must first pay the price of the cultural rejection of ‘human nature’. An item in last Sunday’s “Sunday programme” illustrates again the hedonist-abortion link. (The "news report" starts at 6:40)
Even by prominent “Catholic” Ed Stourton’s standards it is an extraordinarily softballing interview with Sarah Posner, a “Washington based journalist”, who manifests clearly her “LGBT rights” sympathy. She “reports” against the new US state laws which attempt to protect those who believe the sexes are biologically determined. Towards the end she freely affirms the link between the “LGBT rights” and the “reproductive rights” movements. One is reminded of Hillary Clinton's recent declaration that "The unborn person does not have constitutional rights".
A Pentecostal pastor in the US Bishops' new religious freedom video argues succinctly that reason without faith will end up “manipulating reality”. The ten minute film shows that true freedom and rights are for all or they will end up being for noone.
May / June 2018
Recent Blog Posts
- Blog: 10.04.18Professor Stephen Hawking RIPWith the death of Stephen Hawking, the world has lost a great physicist who made important contributions to our understanding of cosmology. Together with Prof. Roger Penrose, he linked General Relativity with Quantum Physics in the immensely challenging context of Bla...Read More
- Blog: 13.02.18Over at First Things a transcript has appeared of the 2017 href="https://www.firstthings.com/events/2017-erasmus-lecture">Erasmus Lecture given at the end of last year by Bishop Robert Barron on the subject of “reaching the nones”, that is those who self-declare as being of “no religion”. The whole piece is definitely worth reading, a...Read More
- Blog: 28.01.18The recent Channel 4 News interview of Jordan Peterson, professor of psychology at the University of Toronto, by journalist Cathy Newman is currently trending high on YouTube and various Social Media platforms. The 30 minute interview rapidly covers a lot of ground; the difference between the sex...Read More
- Blog: 08.01.18“Peace is the harmony of good order. Good order is the membering of man in ready acceptance and honest love.” (Edward Holloway, Catholicism: A New Synthesis, 1)As we begin 2018, the sense of tension in the international order is strong. There are fears of nuclear war given the problem...Read More
- Blog: 30.12.17Fr Chris Findlay-Wilson made the below defence of priestly celibacy in the Catholic Herald (15th Dec., letters):"a fresh witness of true love is desperately needed; that it is love – not sex – that fulfils us as human beings." This is a point often made by Fr Holloway, ...Read More
- Blog: 24.11.17Last Saturday was the 100th anniversary of Agnes Holloway giving birth to Edward.He was born just as Lenin’s revolution began. This was the beginning of changing the poor, Christian country of Russia into the powerful Marxist one. It was predicted by Our Lady of Fatima over the previous six...Read More