Here’s a powerful three minutes showing where the denial of “the nature of things” has got us.
This further illustrates the deep infiltration of the philosophical position of ‘swing vote’ Justice Kennedy, which we recently blogged about: "the constitution … allows...the right to define one’s own concept of existence".
This malaise in “young personalities” was predicted by Edward Holloway in a talk given in 1973 , republished in last January’s FAITH magazine:
The heart of the crisis is a crisis of the intellect … The modern scientific civilisation … must be crowned by the head of God Incarnate, or [else it will be crowned by] the head of Man, who is his own god.
… we are called “to forge a new synthesis of Catholicism, of Catholic philosophy, … and the proven wisdom of the modern age. … [we would propose] a unifying philosophy of growth and development embracing all created being in the one economy of this universe … such an outlook or ethos is all-pervasive of modern life, and it underpins the conscious and the subconscious personality of the young. We can show that this process of creation manifests the existence of God Transcendent …
The fact that we have failed to show this to the young would seem to be suggested by the above video.
July / August 2018
Recent Blog Posts
- Blog: 10.04.18Professor Stephen Hawking RIPWith the death of Stephen Hawking, the world has lost a great physicist who made important contributions to our understanding of cosmology. Together with Prof. Roger Penrose, he linked General Relativity with Quantum Physics in the immensely challenging context of Bla...Read More
- Blog: 13.02.18Over at First Things a transcript has appeared of the 2017 href="https://www.firstthings.com/events/2017-erasmus-lecture">Erasmus Lecture given at the end of last year by Bishop Robert Barron on the subject of “reaching the nones”, that is those who self-declare as being of “no religion”. The whole piece is definitely worth reading, a...Read More
- Blog: 28.01.18The recent Channel 4 News interview of Jordan Peterson, professor of psychology at the University of Toronto, by journalist Cathy Newman is currently trending high on YouTube and various Social Media platforms. The 30 minute interview rapidly covers a lot of ground; the difference between the sex...Read More
- Blog: 08.01.18“Peace is the harmony of good order. Good order is the membering of man in ready acceptance and honest love.” (Edward Holloway, Catholicism: A New Synthesis, 1)As we begin 2018, the sense of tension in the international order is strong. There are fears of nuclear war given the problem...Read More
- Blog: 30.12.17Fr Chris Findlay-Wilson made the below defence of priestly celibacy in the Catholic Herald (15th Dec., letters):"a fresh witness of true love is desperately needed; that it is love – not sex – that fulfils us as human beings." This is a point often made by Fr Holloway, ...Read More
- Blog: 24.11.17Last Saturday was the 100th anniversary of Agnes Holloway giving birth to Edward.He was born just as Lenin’s revolution began. This was the beginning of changing the poor, Christian country of Russia into the powerful Marxist one. It was predicted by Our Lady of Fatima over the previous six...Read More