Fr Barron’s “Catholicism”: catholicism.wordonfire.org/
Portsmouth Diocese's new Confirmation programme: www.transformedinchrist.com/session1/
Westminster Diocese’s brand new singing and dancing youth page, where the CTS has provided the “Catholicism” section: dowym.com/catholicism/meaning-of-life/
The main caveat is that the first resource fails to show the human spiritual soul, which our tradition has seen as so fundamental to a coherent presentation of the Catholic Faith (and the FAITH movement agrees!). The link to the other two resources takes you to the respective beginning of the presentation of the Faith where the spiritual soul plays a prominent place.
All three do well concerning that other oft forgotten foundation of catechesis and apologetics: showing evidence for existence of God, with an openness to modern observations.
The last of our three is just beginning (and might be thought to give a slight nod to the “Intelligent Design” Discovery Institute approach, which is not the FAITH Movement’s one) but there is more to come we believe on this theme.
January/ February 2020
Recent Blog Posts
- Blog: 10.04.18Professor Stephen Hawking RIPWith the death of Stephen Hawking, the world has lost a great physicist who made important contributions to our understanding of cosmology. Together with Prof. Roger Penrose, he linked General Relativity with Quantum Physics in the immensely challenging context of Bla...Read More
- Blog: 13.02.18Over at First Things a transcript has appeared of the 2017 href="https://www.firstthings.com/events/2017-erasmus-lecture">Erasmus Lecture given at the end of last year by Bishop Robert Barron on the subject of “reaching the nones”, that is those who self-declare as being of “no religion”. The whole piece is definitely worth reading, a...Read More
- Blog: 28.01.18The recent Channel 4 News interview of Jordan Peterson, professor of psychology at the University of Toronto, by journalist Cathy Newman is currently trending high on YouTube and various Social Media platforms. The 30 minute interview rapidly covers a lot of ground; the difference between the sex...Read More
- Blog: 08.01.18“Peace is the harmony of good order. Good order is the membering of man in ready acceptance and honest love.” (Edward Holloway, Catholicism: A New Synthesis, 1)As we begin 2018, the sense of tension in the international order is strong. There are fears of nuclear war given the problem...Read More
- Blog: 30.12.17Fr Chris Findlay-Wilson made the below defence of priestly celibacy in the Catholic Herald (15th Dec., letters):"a fresh witness of true love is desperately needed; that it is love – not sex – that fulfils us as human beings." This is a point often made by Fr Holloway, ...Read More
- Blog: 24.11.17Last Saturday was the 100th anniversary of Agnes Holloway giving birth to Edward.He was born just as Lenin’s revolution began. This was the beginning of changing the poor, Christian country of Russia into the powerful Marxist one. It was predicted by Our Lady of Fatima over the previous six...Read More